Tuesday, August 4, 2009

MUSIC POSTER RESEARCH (CONTRAST)

The design for the Push Over 2004 poster uses contrast in the form of using a monochromatic colour system in the background and highlighting important objects with a complimentary colour in the foreground. The use of shape is used all throughout the pink/red background. It is also used to highlight the character in the foreground by placing a shape at the base of the illustration. The use of an orange colour has been used in the main heading to contrast with the blue of the character depicted. The line used coming out of the heading is to draw attention to the heading so it s the first thing that the viewer notices. I like the patterns in the background, but I don't think I will be majorly influenced by this design as it is very plain.
This Push Over 2008 poster has used contrast well by using black in the foreground of the image. By doing so, it brings out the patterns of green lines and shape in the background. It all themes together however with the use of similar colours for the typography. Also complimentary colours exist in the design with the red heading standing out in the foreground, boosted by the green background. I think I will be greatly influenced by this design of poster as I really like the effect that the bold black has done with the busy background.

This design has used contrast to highlight the guitar in the centre of the poster. It does this buy using warm shaded colours in the background and cool shades in the foreground. The typography used has created a wavy line in the design. The use of line is also evident within the foreground image. I like the use of a bold image in the foreground which captures the viewers eye straight away, I will try to convey this in my final design.

This poster design for the Pyramid Rock Festival has used contrast mainly in the use of colour chosen. The colours chosen rely on complimentary colours with the use of red and green, and blue and orange. A texture has been created in the background by the use of very fine and small intricate detail created by line. This helps bring out the flat foreground typography by creating a contrast between textured and flat. I like this effect, I don't think I will be influenced too greatly by this design as it is a little too busy for my liking.