Tuesday, August 11, 2009

MUSIC POSTER APPRAISAL


My poster design has used a faint line subtly within the negative space of the background of the design. It is a textured line which creates an emotion of imperfection of the festival. I used this as it is a fun and laid back atmosphere at this festival so I needed to convey that somehow. Shape has been used throughout the design. Firstly, the silhouette of the girl dancing is a very strong and bold shape, used to capture attention and to symbolise the fun and free spirited nature of the festival itself. Secondly, the typography involved in the design, is supported by a rectangular shape behind it to create an emphasis on the type. The colours I have used were purposely chosen to create contrast within the design. They also give a fun and edgy emotion to the festival which conveys the festival appropriately. Texture is the main element used in the background with the photo of the compact disks. I was hoping to imply by this photo that there is a wide range of music at the festival, I wanted to create depth by using texture, but I also wanted to inform the viewers and give them a sense of choice.